Cecily and I traveled to Ft. Lauderdale with a group of ladies that I share Bible study with every Thursday morning.
Cecily, Me, Cassie, Patti, Ann, Carrie, Debbie
"Imagine" began on Friday morning at 10 a.m. with the pre-conference, which included speakers Sheila Walsh and Dr. Henry Cloud.
Sheila Walsh was up first. I have to say that she was my favorite "Imagine" speaker (my daughter agrees with me) of the entire weekend! She began her talk on Friday by sharing her favorite verse in the Psalms which is chapter 143 verse 8,
Sheila shared a prayer that she voices every morning, which is "Wherever You are going today Lord, I'm coming with You! She went on to encourage attendees to focus their thoughts on what is always true and then shared that God's promises as found in Scripture are always true. She went on to share from Romans 8, which is a chapter she says "begins with no condemnation and ends with no separation" and then stated, "God has picked up your tab. Your debt of sin is paid in full." Walsh ended her talk by singing "Amazing Grace"."Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you."
Sheila Walsh's talk was so well-rounded. She shared truth unashamedly from Scripture. She was funny. And she absolutely sang the roof off the arena! I felt the Holy Spirit most at work whenever she was taking part in the weekend, whether it was when she was speaking or sharing in song.
- Clinical - the parts that hurt
- Dreams/Goals - specific gifts and talents
- Being connected - Our needs are transformational (where we grow new wiring) and trans mutational (where change takes place). It is in this discussion that Dr. Cloud shares his one and only reference to Scripture which was 1 Peter 4:10, "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
- Purpose of set goals
After Dr. Cloud, there was a break for lunch.
Cecily and I sat outside in front of the arena and ate our lunch. I have attended Women of Faith events in the past and getting lunch then was always complete and utter chaos. At the event this past weekend, lunch time went really smooth. Mind you, we are talking about getting a couple of thousand ladies served! The Women of Faith organization has definitely made improvement in this area!
Like I mentioned earlier in this post, the staging was really beautiful! After lunch, there was more from Dr. Henry Cloud. This second talk centered around the idea that the next season of our lives will require some necessary endings.
- Townsend on setting boundaries - Be hard on the issue and soft on the person. Seek and pray for a softness of heart.
- Sheila - Learn to "be still" before the Lord. She shared that "be still" in the Hebrew language means to "let go". Her encouragement was to give our worries, cares, anxieties to the Lord in complete trust.
Walsh stated in relation to that Scripture, "Peace is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ". She shared more Scripture from Mark 4:35-41 and Mark 5. She concluded her talk with this:"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
"There is peace in one place - at the feet of Jesus".And then she sang "You Raise Me Up". And again the Spirit moved mightily.
*This video isn't from the conference, but is Sheila singing You Raise Me Up on LifeToday. I'll share about Friday night and Saturday at Women of Faith - Imagine tomorrow as well as summarize my impression of the event as a whole.