Fast forward fourteen years and we have a healthy and beautiful young lady...
Menchies for yogurt. When her little siblings began to act, well like little brothers and sisters act, she informs me, "You see! This is why you go to yogurt places with cool people and not your family!" Yep...she's a teenager!
Teenager or not...I love this girl so much!!! So in honor of her fourteenth birthday, here is a list of fourteen things I love about my girl...
- She loves Jesus and is growing in her faith.
- She is beautiful.
- She is very talented in sketching, painting and the arts in general.
- She is a very big help with her little brother and sister.
- She is compassionate and tenderhearted to those less fortunate.
- She is well grounded and mature.
- She already has some good ideas about what she wants to do with her life.
- She is a loyal friend.
- She is ready and willing and serves in her church.
- She has always wanted to give to others. (I remember one time when she was in 1st grade and had gone to Wal-Mart with me. She had $20 of her own money and it was around Christmas time. As we were leaving the store, she put the whole $20 in the Salvation Army bucket. When I asked if she was sure she wanted to do that, she said, 'Yea. Those people need it more than I do right now.'")
- She is very intelligent and thinks deeply at times.
- She is very good with money and always shops wisely and gets the most out of her money.
- She is creative.
- She puts up with me!