Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, October 4, 2010

Who Built The Ark?

Noah! Noah!
Who built the ark?
Brother Noah built the ark! 
 
I love that children's song and I had it playing in my head all morning on Saturday!  On Saturday evening, we took the kids to see First Assembly Church's live presentation of "Noah's Ark".  Actually, Mike and I took the younger two; Cecily thinks she is too big for such things anymore!
I guess you notice the donkey in the spotlight!  Yes, they had live animals!  We sat in the balcony, but I think Bentley was actually able to see things better from up there than he would have down on the floor level.
Here come the camels!
There was also a Zebra, but I didn't catch him in time.  But I did catch "Monty"...
That's no "stuffed" snake!  It was the real deal!  If you look right above the woman in the red shirt, you'll notice a box right beside her.  That's the box "Noah" pulled "Monty" from!  I wonder what she was thinking when they pulled that thing out of there?
And they carried him right on the ark...
They had lots of smaller animals on the ark as well.
Bentley was really impressed when the alligator made his appearance on the ark...
And yes, he was for really real!

The presentation included humorous things like intermittent "Garko" (a take on the Geico) commercials.  And yes, they were selling flood insurance!  Ty Pennington even made an appearance (not the for really real one, but an actor :) and yelled, "Good morning Noah family"!  Of course Noah set him straight by stating that God was the designer of this boat and that nothing needed improving upon!

I appreciated how Noah was portrayed as the faithful man scripture tells us he was.  Noah and his family lived in perilous times:
"The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.  The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain...But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD...Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God."  Genesis 6:5-6,8-9
As I've reflected on this presentation since Saturday, I've thought about how grieved the heart of God must be in these present times.  Is His heart filled with pain at what He sees?

God gave Noah a plan for safety for he and his family.  God established a covenant with Noah.  He gave Noah very specific instructions for the ark and Noah did everything just as God commanded him (Gen.6:22).

In the presentation, Noah and his family were ridiculed and threatened.  People thought they were crazy, but Noah led his family and was obedient, even though it wasn't the popular thing to do.  Even though I have known the account of the flood from scripture for over 30 years, I was stilled gripped by the faithfulness of Noah and his family during this time.  Noah was faithful even though there was no rain for many years and people thought he and his family were insane for not living like the rest of the world.
I'm praying as the LORD's eyes roam throughout the earth that He will find me and my household faithful in following His commands "just as He commands"!

Blessings,

0 comments: