Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Annabel Lee


Mike Nappa is an entertainment journalist at FamilyFans.com, as well as a bestselling and award winning author with more than one million books sold worldwide.  When he was a kid, the stories of Edgar Allen Poe scared him silly. Today he owns everything Poe ever wrote.  A former fiction acquisitions editor, Mike earned his MA in English literature and now writes full time.


Fourteen miles east of Peachtree, Alabama, a secret is hidden.
The secret's name is Annabel Lee.

She doesn't know why her enigmatic uncle has stowed her deep underground in a military style bunker.  He's left her with a few German words, a barely controlled guard dog, and a single command:  "Don't open that door for anybody, you got it?  Not even me."
Miles away in Atlanta, private investigator Trudi Coffey is visited by a mysterious older man calling himself Dr.Smith.  He's been trailing a man for a decade - a man she met through her ex-partner Samuel Hill - and the trail has led him to her office.  The last thing Trudi wants to do is to contact Samuel.  But it will take both of them to unravel this mystery - before it's too late.



My Thoughts:
This is my very first book to read by Mike Nappa.  I must say that I am now a fan.  If he writes it, I will read it!  Annabel Lee is the first of Nappa's Coffey & Hill Mystery novels.  The second installment, The Raven, releases Fall of 2016.
I loved that Nappa tells the story from the different perspectives of Annabel, Trudi and The Mute. Nappa fills readers in on the backstories of the characters with fluidity that does not interrupt or confuse the story line.  I could not put this book down!  This is one amazingly written novel that is both narrative and character driven.  I can't wait to read more from Nappa.

*I was given a complimentary copy of Annabel Lee by the publisher for the purpose of giving this review.  All opinions are my own.

Happy Reading Ya'll,
Jennifer

0 comments: