Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Honor Redeemed: Keys of Promise


Christine Johnson is the author of Love's Rescue as well as several books for Steeple Hill and Love Inspired.  She was twice named a finalist for Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart Award. When not writing, she loves to hike and explore God's majestic creation.  These days, she and her husband, a Great Lakes ship pilot, split their time between northern Michigan and the Florida Keys.


Her Future - and her heart - hang in the balance.

Two years ago, Prosperity Jones waved farewell to her beloved David as the army sent him to faraway Key West.  Now with her parents gone, se has but one prospect for the future:  make the dangerous journey from Nantucket to Key West to reunite with David and secure a happier life.

But when Prosperity arrives penniless in the South, she is dismayed to find David has not been eagerly awaiting their reunion.  In fact, he is married to someone else.  Scrambling to survive and nursing a broken heart, Prosperity gains the friendship - and the affection - of a kind doctor.  Could he be the answer to her loneliness?  Or will her life be upended by circumstance yet again?

With deft hand, Christine Johnson fills the senses with the sights, sounds and smells of Key West in this heartwarming story of honor lost, honor redeemed, and a love forged in adversity.

My Thoughts:
Christine Johnson is a new author to me, but Honor Redeemed will not be the last novel of hers that I read!  Johnson writes a story that is wrought with tension and emotion.  Her characters are well-developed and her plot is intricate.  Honor Redeemed is a story of love and personal sacrifice and the dependence we have on God for our very next breath.
Johnson had me engaged on the first page and I kept turning pages until I reached the last...way too soon.  I didn't want the story to end and I'm left wondering what happens further with Prosperity and David.  My only regret is that I did not read the first book in the series, but I will be correcting that mistake very soon.

*I was given a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher for the purpose of giving my honest review.

Happy Reading Ya'll,
Jennifer

0 comments: