Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Italian Chicken Stromboli

I'm linking this post to Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods.

This is an extremely easy recipe I put together a few months ago and I've been tweaking it ever since.  I made it for supper last night and I think I've finally gotten it just right, so I wanted to share it here with you!

Ingredients

 4 chicken cutlets or 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons)
garlic powder
salt/pepper
Italian seasoning
Everglades seasoning
1 can of Italian diced tomatoes
1 cup or so of Mozzarella cheese (grated) 
1 thin pizza crust 
marinara sauce for dipping

Heat the olive oil in a skillet.  Dust one side of the chicken pieces with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and everglade seasoning.  Lay the seasoned side down in the skillet and do not move the chicken around.  Allow it to sear the seasoning in on one side.  While this is happening dust the exposed side of the chicken with the same seasoning as the first side.  Once the first side is seared pretty well, turn over and allow the seasonings on the second side to sear.  Remove and allow to rest on a plate.
Take the refrigerated pizza crust and spread out on a well greased cookie sheet.  Shred the chicken and place on the pizza crust leaving enough edge to the crust to fold over.
Next, take the diced Italian tomatoes and sprinkle over the chicken being careful to drain some of the juice so that the crust doesn't get too soggy.
Then take the grated mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over the chicken and tomatoes.  I use a lot of cheese, because my family likes this dish really cheesy; but use as much or as little as you  would like.
Now fold one long side over the chicken mixture.  Fold the other long side over being careful to "pinch" together a seem in the dough.  Then fold over the short ends being careful to make a seem.  Drizzle the top with more olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven about 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Just slice your servings and provide the marinara sauce for dipping.  We had ours last night with a salad.  I only made one mistake:  I SHOULD HAVE MADE TWO!!!  Even my four year old was asking for more!  

Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as my family did!

Blessings,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love recipes like this; easy and delicious. Thanks for sharing.

I'm your newest follower.