Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Am His

I Am His:  Experiencing the Comfort of Abba's Love written by Rita J. Platt is an 8 week Bible Study inviting women "to know the comfort of dwelling in the arms of a tender, wise, and powerful Abba Father.  The book was sent to me by NavPress for the purpose of review.

The title of the book drew my attention immediately.  Unfortunately many women, Christian women, seem to find themselves falling into defining themselves by what they do rather than by who they are in Christ.  I was interested in seeing how Ms Platt would address the very important issue of women finding their identity in Christ and not other things.

I was a little disappointed.  Much of the "study" is story driven and as "inspirational" as much of them were, it is not the same as a close look at Scripture, which I consider to be true "Bible Study".  When God's word was examined, Platt does a good job of helping the reader take a look at what God has to say about He as our Father and we as His beloved children.  This is a mistake I am beginning to see in many Bible Studies supposedly geared toward women.  Who says women can't handle a good, long, hard look at the Scriptures?

You can order I Am His from NavPress by going HERE or from Amazon.com by following the link given bellow:














Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: