Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why I May Not Be Able To Read Another Karen Kingsbury Novel

She has been dubbed "The Queen of Christian Fiction" by Time magazine and has written more than forty life-changing fiction titles.  She has nearly twenty million books in print.  She lives with her husband Don in the Pacific Northwest and are parents to six children, including three adopted from Haiti.  Her name is Karen Kingsbury and I may never be able to read another one of her books!

Waterbrook Multnomah sent me a copy of Karen's Forever Faithful Trilogy, which includes three books:  Waiting for Morning, A Moment of Weakness, and Halfway to Forever as part of their Blogging for Books program.  After reading the Forever Faithful Trilogy, I may never be able to read another Kingsbury novel!

Why you ask?  Because this woman is an absolute genius and a master story teller!  Her characters are believable and their stories are emotionally gripping.  When I turned the last page of the last book in this trilogy, I was not ready to let Hannah, Tom, Alicia, Jenny, Matt, Jade, Doris, and Tanner go.  From the first few paragraphs of the first book Waiting for Morning, I was hooked!  I found myself involved in the story so much so that when I forced myself to stop reading at night, I went to bed wondering about the outcome of the lives I was reading about as if they were true to life friends.

SYNOPSIS OF EACH BOOK IN THE FOREVER FAITHFUL TRILOGY:
Waiting for Morning   A drunk driver...a deadly accident...a dream destroyed.  When Hannah Ryan loses her husband and oldest daughter to a drunk driver, she is consumed with hate and revenge.  Ultimately, it is a kind prosecutor, a wise widow, and her husband's dying words that bring her the peace that will set her free and let her live again.A Moment of Weakness
   When childhood friends Jade and Tanner reunite as adults, they share their hearts, souls, and dreams of forever--until a fateful decision tears them apart.  Now, nearly a decade later, Jade's unfaithful husband wants to destroy her in a custody battle that is about to send shock waves across the United States.  Only one man can help Jade in her darkest hour.  And only one old woman knows the truth that can set them all free. 
Halfway to Forever
   Matt and Hannah...Jade and Tanner--after already surviving much, these couples must now face the greatest struggles of their lives: parental losses and life-threatening illness threaten to derail their faith and sideline their futures.  Can Hannah survive the loss of an adopted daughter?  Will Tanner come through decades of lonliness only to face losing Jade one final time?

You can read the first chapter of Waiting for Morning by going HERE, but be warned:  After reading this chapter, you WILL want to get this series!  You won't be able to help yourself!

I may find it hard to read another Karen Kingsbury novel, because I absolutely do not know how she can possibly top the story given in this series of books!  I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in any other Christian Fiction book after reading this one!

You can order your copy of the book by going to the publisher's page HERE or from Amazon.com by going HERE

Ms Kingsbury's website can be found at KarenKingsbury.com.

*Thank you Waterbrook Multnomah for sending me a copy of the book and thank you Grace Postorino for introducing me to the best Christian Fiction writer I have ever read!!

Please take a minute and rate this review for me!  If you do, you will be entered in a chance to get a free copy of the book from the publisher!

Blessings,

1 comments:

Jodi said...

As much as I like to read, I've never read any of Kingsbury's books. Not sure why, I hear they are great. And your review makes me want to add this series to my Christmas wish list!