About the Author: Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children's Ministry Director at Parkwood Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children's ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages. Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of God.
Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.
About the book: The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friend ly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child's attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn't working. Sunday School isn't doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
- ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
- can be done at any pace that works with your
family . . . every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there . . . it fits into realistic family life
- puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
- in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
- any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today with no prep
- deep theology put into language a child can understand
- deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
- put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
- child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
The God Puzzle: How The Bible Fits Together To Reveal God As Your Greatest Treasure is a workbook written for kids ages 7 - 12. The book is colorful with eye catching graphics that will draw kids' attention. The book does two things: Presents the Bible as on seamless story and shares deep truths in a way kids will understand. Using puzzles, word finds, art, question and answer as well as journaling and prayer, this solid resource teaches kids how to read, meditate on and study Scripture in order to know God and see how they fit into His story. Ackermann has provided a solid Biblical picture of God's theme of grace and redemption that is woven throughout Scripture from Genesis to Revelation. She helps kids to know and understand how all the stories of the Bible fit into God's big story...the gospel...the good news of Jesus Christ.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Who is God?
- What is sin?
- Why did they make sacrifices when they sinned in the Old Testament?
- What was God's relationship with people in the Old Testament?
- Who is Jesus?
- What is the new covenant?
- What are my old self and my new self?
- How does God change me to become more like him?
- What is worship?
- What is the church?
- What is missions?
- What are Spiritual gifts?
- How do I spend time with God?
- What are we looking forward to?
The workbook is easy to use giving parents, who are new in their own faith or ones who have been believers for a long time, a guide to discipling their kids that isn't overwhelming or complicated to figure out. While this resource is colorful and fun, it is biblicaly solid and strongly theological in content. Don't miss out on this amazing resource by Higherlife Publishing.
Thank you Litfuse Publicity for sending a complimentary copy of the book for the purpose of this review!
You can order this resource at Deeper Shopping Christian Books and Bibles: