Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Desiring God and a Five Month Old

I love to read. Reading is one of my most favorite things to do. I could literally crawl onto my couch with a good book, usually something by a Christian author, and my Bible and stay there for the day. However, there are two little things called life and having three kids that makes that impossible. But I do love a good book.

I have recently began reading, for the umpteenth time, John Piper's "Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist". Now I have begun this book many times before and not gotten past the introduction. Piper has a way of forcing you to think deeply about the deep things of God. I am determined to finish this time, no matter how long it takes me!

What I want to do here on the blog, beginning tomorrow, is have a weekly post titled "Desiring God Wednesdays". I will be sharing what I've read and am pondering from the previous week's reading. I would love after you read on Wednesdays to leave me a comment about the thoughts I've shared from the book. It is always a great encouragement and help to learn from what God is impressing on other believer's hearts.

Now...
the five month old! JennaBeth turned 5 months old on July 23rd. I am a bit taken aback at how fast time is flying by! I can't believe she is already 5 months old.
What's going on with JennaBeth at Five Months:
  • I am guessing she weighs somewhere around 15 pounds
  • Wearing size 2 diapers
  • Has two bottom teeth
  • Has begun some solid foods... rice cereal and we have made our way through a week of applesauce and about to finish a week eating bananas. She loves, loves the bananas, which I guess is appropriate since we call her our "Funky, Chunky, Monkey".
  • She just smiles the biggest smile and chuckles at you first thing in the morning when anyone peeks over her crib to pick her up.
  • Thinks her brother Bentley is the grandest and funniest person there ever was (we all agree with her!). He says, "I love you JennaBeff. You my best friend in the tire whole world." (no I didn't make a typo, he says "tire" instead of entire!)
  • Sleeps for about 10-12 hours a night and takes two naps during the day, each about 2-3 hours long
  • Wearing size 6-9 month clothing
"I'm not quite sure about this new thing in my mouth."

"This is not very good."

"Aaaah, my bottle is back."

"I thought this was all over!"
As you can tell, the first try at rice cereal didn't go very well. However, it is amazing what a little applesauce and bananas will do to some rice cereal! She loves the fruit mixed in with the cereal.

Her sesame street bibs were made by a sweet lady in our church! Thank you Mrs. Connie Rogers!

Tomorrow will be the first installment in the "Desiring God Wednesdays" posts and then on Thursday and Friday I will be posting about our visit with some very special friends from MS who spent the past week with us. And yes, there will be lots of pictures!

Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: