Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time

I'm sure you have heard the saying, "Time flys when you are having fun." Well, time passes whether you are having fun or not.

If any of you have read much of this very new and inexperienced blogger, then you know this idea of time passing has been very much on my mind. This is very much due to the fact that I have a four month old baby that seems to be growing up with every blink of my eye. Good grief, it was just this time last year that we were finding out that our little surprise was on her way. Fast forward to today and she is rolling over and is cutting her first two teeth.

I put an outfit on her today that my oldest daughter wore when she was a baby, and although it was a sweet moment, it was also one that made a little pain shoot through my heart. As I stood back and looked at Cecily holding JennaBeth with this outfit on, I again asked myself, "Where has eleven years gone?" And all the while, my almost four year old little guy is talking and acting so grown. He is maturing and learning so much every day.

Yes, time is flying by.

In the midst of all these thoughts about my children growing up so fast, the Lord has had me thinking and evaluating my own life. As I look back on the past 38 years, there are many moments I am proud of and some I am not so proud of and some seasons of my life that down right sadden me. I think of all the "time" I have allowed the "locusts to eat" (Joel 2:25) in my life and so much "time" wasted.

My sweet friend Stephanie over at www.notesfromthesoul.blogspot.com had a cd giveaway a few weeks ago and I had the blessing of winning the Matthew West cd "Something to Say". I had been hearing the song "Motions" for some time on our local Christian radio station and the words in the chorus stung every time I heard them...."I don't wanna spend my whole life asking 'What if I had given everything?'"

Listen to a live performance of the song by Matthew I found on YouTube and the testimony behind the song he shares.



That's the cry of my heart! I don't want to live one more day without God's all consumming passion inside of me!

"The Lord is exalted, for He dwells on high;
He will fill Zion with justice and righteousness.
He will be the sure foundation for you times,
a rich store of salvation and wisdom
and knowledge;
the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure."
Isaiah 33:5-6

Jennifer


1 comments:

mariel said...

i LOVE that song...so true! your baby girl is precious!! i remember you finding out about her!! it seems like yesterday! :) hold them extra tight while you can!