Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

Happy New Year!
We had a good time last night bringing in the new year.  JennaBeth got to hold, with many hands helping I might add, her first sparkler...
Actually, I held the sparkler, because JennaBeth holding a sparkler, well I won't even go there...But Bentley did have fun with his...
He kept looking back for JennaBeth.  He is quite protective of her!  Even the big kid got in on the fun...
We watched the big ball drop in New York City and then all hit the bed.  JennaBeth did not make it to see the new year in, but she did get a few hops, skips, and jumps in before her bedtime...

She sat for a VERY brief time with her sister to watch some of the "moonlight" (her term for the fireworks) going off all around our neighborhood...


I don't know about you, but I am excited about the new year ahead.  I have no idea what 2011 will hold, but I know WHO holds the next 12 months in His hands!  As I look toward the next year, there are some things that I will be doing to intentionally seek to draw closer to God...
One of those things is being a part of the 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team that Beth Moore is hosting over at the Living Proof Ministries Blog .  The goal is to memorize two passages a month which will end up being 24 verses over the next 12 months.  My first verse to memorize is Psalm 24:4-5:
"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long."
So, on this first day of the new year, this day of all ones, I am coming before God, THE ONE and praying this verse for myself and my family.  I've attempted to memorize scripture before, but never really had a structured plan or sought accountability for support in completing my goal.  The Siesta Scripture Memory Team will be encouraging as I and thousands of other ladies seek to hide God's word in our hearts.

I'd love to hear what you are looking forward to this new year!

Making room for Him,
Jennifer

1 comments:

mariel said...

great stuff, my friend!! Praying 2011 is full of one blessing after another for you and your sweet fam!