Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, February 25, 2011

Jesus In The Present Tense

Karen Davis with the B&B Media Group, Inc. sent me a copy of Jesus In The Present Tense:  The I AM Statements of Christ for the purpose of my review.  The book's author is none other than Dr. Warren Wiersbe, an internationally known Bible teacher, author of the popular "BE" series of Bible commentaries and the former pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago.

Dr. Wiersbe writes:
"My past may discourage me and my future may frighten me, but 'the life I now live' today can be enriching and encouraging because 'Christ lives in me.'"
Jesus doesn't say, "I was" or "I will be", but He says, "I AM"!

Dr Wiersbe also says:
"God doesn't want us to ignore the past; the past should be a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back...The better we understand our Lord's I AM statements and by faith apply them, the more our strength will equal our days...We will abide in Christ and bear fruit for His glory today - now."
One thing that I appreciate so much about Dr. Wiersbe's writing is that he doesn't overwhelm the reader.  He uses concise statements packed with amazing truth and points his readers straight to God's word for ultimate clarification.  In this most recent book, he explores in detail the I AM statements of Christ in the New Testament:
I AM the Bread of Life, I AM the Light of the world, I AM the Door, I AM the Good Shepherd, I AM the Resurrection and the Life, I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life, I AM the True Vine
He also presents what he calls the "neglected I AM" found in Psalm 22, the messianic psalm that describes Jesus in His suffering and His resurrection glory.

Jesus In The Present Tense could be used to enhance your devotional time or it could be an excellent resource for an in depth study of the I AM statements of Christ.  Either way this IS a resource you will want to add to your library!

This book can be purchased at Amazon.com by following the link given bellow:














Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: