Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Disgusted!

Have you ever been at a point in your life where you were just plain ole disgusted with your sin?

I have discovered, over the 31 years I have walked with the Lord, that this is a pretty good place in which to be.  You see, when you are conscience enough of the sin in your life to be sickened by it, then God has pliable clay to work with.  I'm so thankful for the work of the Holy Spirit.  It is in times such as these that we can pray with the Psalmist
"I confess my sins.  I am deeply sorry for what I've done...Do not abandon me, O Lord.  Do not stand at a distance, My God...Come quickly to help me, O Lord, My Savior."  Psalm 38:18, 21-22 NLT
And we are reminded of God's character as stated in Psalm 36:
  • His unfailing love is as vast as the heavens.
  • His faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
  • His righteousness is like the mighty mountains.
  • His justice like the ocean depths.
  • His unfailing love is precious.
  • Because of His unfailing love, we can find shelter in the shadow of His wings.
  • He is the fountain of life!
  • He is the Light by which we see!
And we find a reminder of God's abundant grace and ever-present help in Psalm 37:
"The Lord directs the steps of the godly, He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand...The Lord rescues the godly, He is their fortress in times of trouble."  Psalm 37:23-24, 39  NLT
Oh how He loves us!


Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: