Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Forgetting

Some days I forget.  
Like yesterday, when this job I have as a mother is hard and exhausting and humbling.

I forget that I only get one shot at this and I don't want to blow it with them.  More importantly, I don't want to miss the gracious sanctification God is working in my life to "grow me up" in Him, bring Him glory and make Him known in the world - in my home.
Being a mother is one of the greatest blessings in my life, but some days it is a challenge and I forget.  

"Beloved one, Jesus has brought you into the grace of highest privilege, and you can be full of joy now, in problems, troubles, and trials, because you confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing His glory. The Greek word translated hope means desiring some good and confidently expecting to obtain it. Your victory is in your Father, in spite of opposition, challenges, or suffering that comes to you. Even when expectation delays, when the waiting gets long without fulfillment, you can have the confidence of your Father that He is working good for you. God-given desire leads somewhere: to learning to endure, to developing strength of character, and to confident expectation of seeing the glory of his love for you. This confidence will never disappoint you because how dearly He loves you will never change. The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit is with you to fill your heart with assurance that your Father loves you. That's why as a Father He can tell you gently and firmly, "Be joyful in hope (Romans 5:2-5)".  Sylvia Gunter and Arthur Burk

Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best -
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Help me then in ev'ry tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
 Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land. 
(Carolina Sandell Berg, 1832-1903)

I'm linking this post with
Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: