Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Search for Purple Cows

I’m a Christian woman with an exciting life’s journey.  Through the challenges of my life, I’ve developed strength, wisdom, and a deep faith that inspires others. I enjoy writing and speaking to audiences of all ages, sharing my story of resilience and overcoming life’s challenges. I love finding inspiring wisdom in every day life.
I hold a Masters in Science Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Eastern Nazarene College in Massachusetts, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Computer Science from Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania. I have studied in Sweden at Vilundaskolan and Uppsala University and speak conversational Swedish.
When I’m not sharing my story, I enjoy pursuing my hobby of photography. It is a pastime that enables me to slow down and appreciate the people and places that are part of my journey. I’m a very proud mother of her two children, wife and step-mother.
Connect with Susan via her website at susancall.com where you will find more of her journey as well as valuable resources.
A Wife and Mother's amazing journey out of darkness into a life fully restored.
A whimsical comment from a kind stranger, "Be sure to search for purple cows," brings hope in God's infinite love to a woman fleeing a life filled with fear.  In this moving and extraordinary memoir, Susan Call recounts what happens when love deteriorates into a cycle of abuse and betrayal.  She chronicles how she first met her husband, a handsome, charming, generous man.  They fell in love, married and had two children.  Their life seemed idyllic; they had a beautiful home and everything a family could desire.
But inside the walls of that home, Susan was tormented by her husband's alcoholism, anger and infidelity, which cast her into a world fraught with fear and despair.  God found her in the midst of her pain and showed her, through the unlikely source of a Christian radio station, that hope and healing in God was possible even in the most unthinkable circumstances.  It's a journey of astonishing forgiveness, God's amazing provision, and the strength to look directly in the face of darkness and yet know that God has a plan for you.

My Thoughts:
Susan shares her story with grace and transparency.  Her story is one of darkness, but also of the Light that overcomes every darkness.  Her story is one of hope for those who have lived in an abusive relationship.  I appreciated the way the book read like an unedited diary or journal.  Susan shares her story without every single gory detail, but shares her pain in a way that it was almost palpable at times. She shines the light on Christ as her strength and restorer of her life and the Provider for her every need.
Maybe most astounding is the story of forgiveness found within the pages of this book.  Call shares her story in such a way that the reader gets a clear picture of her abuse, but comes away with an even clearer picture of the God of All Mercies and the hope that is available through Christ Jesus.

I received a copy of the book from B&B Media in exchange for this review.

Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: