Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pump it up!!!

The last day of SonRock Kids Camp was an adventure! After the VBS portion of the day, the kids were supposed to go to a local water park, Sunsplash. Well, a little thing called rain messed those plans up. The kids were really disappointed. However, this
cured what was ailing them! We had to find an alternate activity for them and this seemed the most logical thing, so here are a few pictures from the day.

Here is Cecily with Christina sliding down one of the huge inflatable slides. Christina and her family not only go to church with us, but they are also neighbors.
And of course, Bentley could not miss out on all the fun. After all, he thinks he can do anything the big kids can do.
I was a little concerned when we first walked in the place. Everything looked so huge. I don't know why I waisted even half a second worrying about this boy! He had no trouble conqering the place!
All the kids had an awesome time. It was a really good place for them to burn off some energy.
Here is Bentley (in the yellow/black shirt) on the rock wall. He didn't skip a beat on it. He climbed up the wall and then came down the big slide on the other side with no problem at all. I bet he climbed this thing 25 times!!! He was asleep in the car before we were out of the parking lot!!
Even JennaBeth got in on the action. We were there for two hours and she never closed her eyes. There was too much for her to see. She never fussed one time while we were there. This is Dawn our Senior Pastor's secretary. She was sweet to let JennaBeth hang out with her while I chased Bentley some and took pictures.

The whole week was really a good time for the kids and the adults who worked with them. Although we had some rather "energetic" kids, it really was a joy to make this investment of time and love into their lives. Pray for us that in the weeks to come we will be able to minister further to the kids and their families.

Tomorrow I want to recap some of Hal's (our pastor) sermon from this morning. But for now I'd like to share the words from the song that Mike sang this morning. Be blessed!

I have a shelter in the storm
When troubles pour upon me
Though fears are rising like a flood
My soul can rest securely
O Jesus, I will hide in You
My place of peace and solace
No trial is deeper than Your love
That comforts all my sorrows

I have a shelter in the storm
When all my sins accuse me
Though justice charges me with guilt
Your grace will not refuse me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
Who bore my condemnation
I find my refuge in Your wounds
For there I find salvation

I have a shelter in the storm
When constant winds would break me
For in my weakness, I have learned
Your strength will not forsake me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
The One who bears my burdens
With faithful hands that cannot fail.
(Steve and Vicki Cook, Bob Kauflin - Sovereign Grace Ministries)

Jennifer

0 comments: