Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just a Regular Wednesday

Desiring God Wednesday will be back next week. I've not been able to do much reading, actually no reading at all.

We have had the Flu bug make a landing on our house and apparently he has decided to stay around for a while. Mike brought this bug back with him from youth camp and was sick for about five days last week. JennaBeth made her visit to the pediatrician on Monday morning and tested positive and was given Tamiflu. She has turned the corner today. She is still running fever and coughing but the brightness is coming back to her eyes!

Bentley was the next victim. He made his visit to the doctor's office this morning and yes, tested positive for the flu and was given Tamiflu. He's asleep in the recliner right now. He was so sweet this morning. While we were waiting to see the doctor, he watched as some of the other kids left the office be given a sticker for being good patients. So, of course, when we were checking out he asked about a sticker. He told me, "I need that ticker to take to babytister. She will smile and be well with that ticker." Melted my heart, yes it did! He was not feeling well, but was thinking of his baby sister, excuse me his "tister". I love that boy!!

Hopefully Cecily and I will be able to avoid getting sick. I've never washed my hands so much in my life nor have I repeated the phrase, "Go wash your hands", as much as I have the past several days. Cecily is really hoping to not get sick, because she has her Safe Sitter course at a local hospital on Saturday.

I guess it is at times like these that I need to be reminded about God's extravagant love for me. It's no small thing that just a few days prior to this bout of sickness,during family devotions, Mike talked about how "crazy" God is about His people. He read the following passage from Zephaniah chapter 3:

"Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem! The Lord has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm. On that day they will say to Jerusalem, 'Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp. The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

In the ESV, that last phrase reads like this, "He will rejoice over you with LOUD singing."

I also came across this verse this week:
"For the Lord takes delight in His people;
He crowns the humble with salvation."
Psalm 149:4

And this one:
"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving
toward all He has made.
The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those
who fear Him;
He hears their cry and saves them.
The Lord watches over all who love Him..."
Psalm 145:17-20a


I love word studies in scripture, so I was interested in the phrase "watches over" in that last passage in Psalms. The Hebrew word for "watches over" is Samar and means to keep, guard.

May the God who keeps and guards His people be with you and yours,
Jennifer














0 comments: