Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 17, 2010

Availing Much

 "Confess your faults one to another, 
and pray one for another,
that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
James 5:16 (KJV)


Yesterday, after our morning worship service, we had a Youth Prayer Sponsor lunch that involved our youth and their families along with the Senior Adults who have pledged to pray for them.  Each one of our youth have been paired with a specific Senior Adult, who will be getting to know them a little better and praying for them regularly.  Prayer is such and important part of our relationship with God; and to think that these youth will be covered on a daily basis by these Senior Adults just encourages me so much!

What other thing beside the powerful and transforming love of God can bridge such gaps as age, race, gender, or economic and cultural differences?
(This one belongs to me!!  She's my 12 year old.  I'm still pretending she is NOT a youth, but she reminds me on a daily basis how delusional I am!)



Blessings,
Jennifer

0 comments: