Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer Reading List

Part of the fun I've begun to have in blogging is reading and reviewing books.  Living on a very tight budget with my husband as the sole bread winner of the family, there is rarely the extra money for things like books.  This poses a problem, because I LOVE TO READ!  I always have.

I'm currently involved in several blogging for books programs with Thomas Nelson Publishing, Tyndale House Publishers, WaterBrook Multnomah, Navpress, and The B&B Media Group, Inc.  I receive books from these publishers at not cost to me in exchange for a review of the book on my blog.  I am having a blast.

Here is the list of books I will be reading and reviewing over the Summer:
  • Radical by David Platt (check yesterday's post for that review)
  • Chosen:  The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther by Ginger Garrett
  • Real World Parents by Mark Matlock
  • The Practice of Godliness by Jerry Bridges
  • Friendship for Grown-Ups by Lisa Whelchel
  • Bringing Up Girls by James Dobson
  • Life, In Spite of Me by Kristen Jane Anderson
  • 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney
  • Stumbling Souls by Chris Plekenpol
You might be saying, "I thought you had three kids!  When in the world do you have time to read?"  I do alot of my reading during nap time but mostly after everyone is in bed at night.  It's kinda of the way I take a breather at the end of the day.

So, come back often over the next several months and check out the reviews.  You might find something you want to add to your own reading list!

What's on your current reading list?

Blessings,
Jennifer

1 comments:

mariel said...

those all sound great! looking forward to your reviews! I LOVE books, too! ;)