Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Heart.......

I am so glad to see Summer ended!  I have never really liked Summer time.  I don't like being hot.  I guess I'm a little spoiled that way.  But I DO LOVE the Fall season!!!  It is my favorite time of the year.  I love the colors of Fall, such as...
I don't get to see much of those Fall colors here in SW Florida and I miss seeing them.  When we lived in TN, I directed a Crisis Pregnancy Center.  In the corner as you turned into the parking lot of the center was the biggest tree I believe I have ever seen!  About mid-September, beginning of October, the leaves would look just like those in the pictures above...every shade of orange, yellow, red you can imagine.  I'd love the mornings I would get there and the air would be cool and crisp and the leaves would crunch under my feet.  Yep, absolutely one of the things I "heart" about Fall.

I also love the smells of Fall such as....
Caramel Apple and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin soaps from Bath & Body.  I was in there just a couple of days ago purchasing a gift card for Cecily's friend who was having a birthday party and they had these on sale!  I couldn't resist!  Thanks Danielle for causing me to be in a place to be tempted!!! JK (as the kids say)!

Another thing I "heart" are...
Yankee Candles, especially the Fall scented ones!  I'm hoping maybe to squirrel away a few pennies to purchase some of their new Fall scents like the one above.  I love scented candles period, but Yankee Candles are just the best.  

On to something else I "heart"...
Books!!!  Can you tell I love to read?  That's one of the reasons I am so excited about reviewing books for publishing companies here on the blog.  The only problem is that my shelves are overflowing!  Not only is this shelf full, but....
look at my nightstand!!!  It holds a stack of books for which I need to write a review, my Bible study I'm currently doing, along with my Bible and quiet time material.  I'll just mention here that I'm presently using John Calvin's commentary on the Psalms and "Voices from the Past" which is a collection of Puritan writers devotions during my quiet time.  Both of these titles were given to me by Banner of Truth and I'll have a review of them both soon.

Another thing I "heart" is giveaways!!  As I was organizing my massive amount of books this afternoon and was having trouble finding someplace to put them all, it occurred to me that I needed to downsize in this area.  
See this stack of books by the shelf?
Over the next several weeks, I'm going to be giving these books away here on the blog.  I'll be giving away one book a week until this stack is gone!  So, visit back often if you like to read!

Finally, I "heart" Florida sunsets!!!!  
We have THE MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE WORLD!  This picture was taken from my front yard just a couple of evenings ago.

"For from the rising of the sun to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense will be offered to my name, and a pure offering. For my name will be great among the nations, says the LORD of hosts."
Malachi 1:11
So, what are some things you "heart"?

Have a blessed rest of the weekend!

1 comments:

mariel said...

I HEART Fl...I live in NC, but was born and lived in FL as a kid and my exended fam is there. I LOVE the weather, the sun, the beaches!!! What's not to love?! I do love the smells of autumn, but I loath winter...so I am sad when summer ends and miss FL even more!!