Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

He Really Is Growing Up

And I really must accept it!

Bentley passed two milestones this past week.  He has learned to ride his bike with NO TRAINING WHEELS!  He is so proud of himself and we are too.  I must share the videos:


I'm sure he'll appreciate it, when he comes back and reads this some day, me sharing the true motivation for him to try and learn to ride without training wheels!  He and the little girl that lives next door to us have become pretty good friends.  At the beginning of last week he and his little friend were riding their bikes together back and forth in front of the house.  When it was time to come in, Bentley told me, "Mom, I want to try and ride my bike without my training wheels, because Anna can ride really faster than me and I need to catch up with her." 
Secondly, Bentley started Speech Therapy classes this week.  He is going to one of the local elementary schools two afternoons a week.  His class has five other students in it, but this is his first experience being in a classroom setting and away from home.  I've been at home with him, so he's never been to a daycare or preschool situation before this experience.

Here he is after his first afternoon in class:

(The sun was in his eyes!)
He had a great time and is making friends.  I think he is actually excited to go back this week!  And yes, I really am happy about this!!

He is growing up and my prayer is that he will have a desire to follow after Jesus all the days of his life.
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."  Luke 2:52
Making Room for Him,
Jennifer

0 comments: