Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Before the Throne Wednesday

Welcome back to Before the Throne Wednesday, where we are coming before the Lord in prayer and praying specific scripture over our children.

William Scribner says,
God's will for you as a parent is clear:
"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. (Deut. 6:6-7) It is a great work, and nothing can sustain you under the burden like praying for your children, believingly, earnestly and perseveringly. in giving attention to instruction and discipline, do not neglect prayer! Some blessings seldom come except in answer to heartfelt prayer. One of these is the early conversion of our children.  (Found at Fire and Ice: Puritan and Reformed Writings
So today I want to encourage you to pray for the salvation of your children.  If your children/grandchildren already have come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ, as is the case with my 13 year old, then pray today that those believing children will be teachable by the Holy Spirit and that God's law will be in their hearts not allowing their feet to slip into habits of sin.  Here are some scriptures to pray in that effect:
  1. Ezekiel 11:19-20   "I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.  Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.  They will be my people, and I will be their God."
  2. Isaiah 54:13  "All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace."
  3. Psalm 37:30-31  "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just.  The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip."
Father,
I praise You Lord for the three amazing gifts you have given me in Cecily, Bentley and JennaBeth.  Help me to be a good steward of these lives with which you have blessed me.  I acknowledge that they belong to You and pray that I will be found a faithful partner with You in guiding them through this earthly life.
I humbly come before you on the behalf of both Bentley and JennaBeth and ask for the miracle of regeneration in their lives.  Lord I ask that you would give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them.  Give them a heart of flesh and a desire to follow Your decrees and display carefulness in keeping Your laws all the days of their life.  I pray that you will give them open hearts in regards to Your word and that You would make them wise for salvation at an early age.
I am thankful that Cecily has professed her faith in You and has followed Your example in believer's baptism.  I pray that she will faithfully look to You all the days of her life and that her lips would speak wisdom learned from you all the days of her life.  Help her to hide Your words in her heart and be teachable so that her feet do not slip into habits of sin.
May Your abundant provision of grace be showered upon all three of my sweet gifts and may the peace that only You are able to give reign over their lives for now and evermore!
Praise Your Holy Name,

0 comments: