Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 22, 2011

Haircuts and Announcement

Bentley (my five year old) got a haircut Thursday afternoon.  He's been wanting his hair cut like this boy who attends our church for a couple of weeks now.  However, I wasn't sure I was ready to give up the "little boy" look for him!  Guess who won this dispute?
Isn't he cute with his "spikey" do?  Orange mustache and all!
Later that evening while we were having supper, I realized who I thought he looked like now with the new haircut...
What do you think?  Do I have a little Tebow?  Although I think he may look a little like him, I more desire for Bentley to one day have the strong faith and witness that Tebow apparently has!  Which leads to the announcement part of this post.

If you notice in the last picture of Tebow, he has Ephesians 2:8-10 printed in his eye black...
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
That's what I want to become a realization in each of my three kid's lives.  My deepest desire for all three is that they come to walk in faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the "good works" He has planned for each of them.  That they would be a display of God's grace to a lost and dying world.

Now salvation is ALL of God's gracious work in their hearts.  I can't save my children by anything I do.  However, I can and should pray for them.  Out of all the things I can do for them, prayer should be the top priority on my "to do list" for my kids!  And I can think of no more powerful prayer tool than God's word.  So, today I am introducing a new series of posts here at Mother of Three that will begin this Wednesday and will run indefinitely...
Each Wednesday I will post a scripture prayer for my kids.  Now I encourage you to pray daily for your kids, but on Wednesdays I'll be focusing on a specific passage of scripture to pray over them.  I hope you'll visit each Wednesday and join me as we pray for our "rewards" from the Lord!

Blessings,



0 comments: