Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Before the Throne Wednesday

Welcome!  For those of you stopping by for the first time, we are learning to pray specific scriptures over our children.  Currently, we are praying through portions of Psalm 119.  Today's passage can be found in verses 34-37:
"Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.  Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.  Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.  Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word".
I'd like to add a New Testament passage to today's scripture, which is found in Philippians 4:8 as we consider praying for our children's eyes to be turned away from worthless things so that room is made in their hearts for a spiritual understanding of God's law and His commands.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."
I want to encourage you today to pray that your children will be granted the grace of spiritual understanding and that they will delight in God's character as they come to know His commands.  Pray that through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, your kids will be directed in the path of God's commands and will have their hearts turned toward God's statutes rather than selfish gain.  And finally, pray that your sweet rewards will be "divinely constrained" to think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.  Ask God to inspire these holy desires in their hearts and lives.

"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work."
Oswald Chanbers
 
This post is linked to
Blessings,


0 comments: