Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finding Delight

My friend Leslie Wiggins is hosting


over at her blog Alabamenagerie.  Her Finding Delight posts are all about how you've found delight in God's Word during the previous week.  Now, she is reading God's Word this year with an eye and heart toward looking for each use of the actual word delight in Scripture.  You can read her post introducing this by going HERE.

Recently I read this passage in Psalm 5:11-12
"But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in you.  For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield."
It seemed to me, as I read these words, that the phrase "those who love Your name" was the key.  We take refuge and are able to sing for joy and are surrounded with God's favor as with a shield as we love His name.  So, I looked a little further into this Hebrew word for love using the resource of my Key Word Study Bible.

The Hebrew word for "love" in this passage is Ahab and means:
to love, desire, delight, like, be fond of, covet, be beloved, amiable, be a passionate lover.  It implies an ardent and vehement inclination of the mind and a tenderness of affection at the same time.
The question that has been embedded in my mind and heart is this:
"Am I delighting in God's character?  Do I passionately love and desire God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength?
Visit Leslie and see how she and others are delighting in God's Word.

How have you been delighting in God's Word lately?

Blessings,
Jennifer

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Great questions! I want to be delighting in His name! (I need to get one of those Key Word Study Bibles.)