Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Living Life

While going through the blogs I follow this morning, I read this on Mellissa's (Breath of Life):
"I find myself too busy living my life to write about it.  And that is a blessing that cannot be measured."
I could have written those very words myself.  We've had a busy, but good weekend.  The fun started on Thursday night.  While I was leading Bible study with a group of ladies at our church, Mike was at "pirate tryouts" with Bentley and JennaBeth!

The event was Readers of the Carribean, a family literacy workshop, and was held at the school where Bentley and Cecily attend school.
That's our principal, Dr. Santini.  I love how the administration and teachers at my kids' school work together to make learning so much fun.  They get involved with the kids and parents and seem happy to do so.
Bentley's teacher, Ms Weigman, even got into the pirate scene!
And don't think for one minute that JennaBeth was going to miss out on any of the action!  She was so excited to be on the big stage with the big kids.  After all, she can do anything they can do.
On Saturday, the kids were invited to a birthday party.  We had a new family move into our neighborhood a few weeks ago and their little boy Ilan was turning five.  His mom and dad had a bounce house set up for the kids, which was a big hit with all the kids.

As you can see, the slide was the most fun!

That's Ilan, the birthday boy!  Don't you just love that big smile???
The only thing better than an Oreo Ice Cream cake is a SpongeBob pinata!!!



The only thing even better than cake and candy is...
sweet friends!  That's JennaBeth with her best friend from next door Morgan.

Sunday we had homecoming at our church in North Fort Myers.  Northside Babtist Church was established the first Sunday in February 30 years ago.  Each year we celebrate as a church family with a picnic after our morning worship service.
That's Cecily (on the left) our oldest with a friend from church, Grace.

The kids usually get together and play some form of ball; this year it was soccer.  And true to herself, JennaBeth joined right in!

And when she wasn't playing soccer, she was climbing up and down the bleachers...yes that would be JennaBeth about halfway on the bleachers on her way down!

Bentley enjoyed playing Nerf guns with his buddy Seth.

What do you and your family like to do for fun weekends?
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
Spend time with those you love.  One of these days you will say either, "I wish I had" or "I'm glad I did".  Zig Ziglar
Blessings,
Jennifer

 

 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Angeleyes said...

Jenn, Love the photos. The kids are so cute. I also love the saying at the end of your post. That is so true.
John went back today, He only has 5 months left. He said he is bringing back some stuff for the kids from Afghanistan to give them out at Christmas this year. I told him I would found out everyones ages because he going to start picking stuff up here and there, If you could send me a massage to my inbox on facebook with there ages and I also need your new address to. Thanks,Love you guys.