Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mother of Pearl

"How far would you go for your child?"


A little about Kellie from her website www.kelliecoatesgilbert.com:
"I barely remember a time when I didn’t have a book in my hand. My tiny hometown of Carey, Idaho had no library, no bookstore. The bi-weekly bookmobile provided the only avenue to books . . . that, and my Gram, who spent a lot of her Social Security checks on books for her granddaughter with an insatiable appetite for stories.
I grew up on a sheep ranch in southern Idaho, a business my family had been in for generations, never dreaming I’d ever see my own name on a novel. I left home to attend Boise State University and spent most of my adult years pursuing a sensible legal career, raising two boys, and learning to be happily married.
But God heard the quiet prayers of a woman who dared to dream big and ask her Lord for the outrageous. In early 2011, I signed my first book contract. Today, I am living my fantasy. I live in Dallas with my husband. I work from home, writing novels. Often by the pool.
Can life get any better?"

Every mother, I believe, is passionate about her "babies"...whether those babies are one, eleven or 21.  The saying that "once a mother, always a mother" is the truth.  Kellie Coates Gilbert, in her debut novel Mother of Pearl, has written a story that touches on the deepest place in a mother's heart; the place where love for her children dwells. 

This novel hosts rich characters to which the reader is immediately drawn.  Gilbert's cast of characters are real and their stories are believable.  The emotions in this story are raw and the reader feels them as they read.  The themes of the book are current and unfortunately all too frequent.  Gilbert treats them with dignity and grace.

The book includes discussion questions that are thought provoking making this selection a perfect one for your next book club.

I am excited to discover Kellie Coates Gilbert.  Her book is published by Abingdon Press.  The publisher's website can be found by visiting HERE.  There you can sign up for a newsletter and receive more information about Gilbert and other authors.

Thank you Glass Road Media and Management for sending me a copy of Mother of Pearl for the purpose of review.

Happy Reading,
Jennifer

0 comments: