Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, September 3, 2012

Inescapable

Nancy is the author of twelve books and received the ACFW Mystery Book of the Year Award in 2009.  She has a background in social work and is a member of ACFW and RWA.  She writes from her home in Wichita, Kansas, where she lives with her husband, Norman and their puggle, Watson.
All of Nancy’s novels have an added touch – something for your spirit as well as your soul. “I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing,” Nancy says. “It’s a part of me and of everything I think or do. God is number one in my life. I wouldn’t be writing at all if I didn’t believe that this is what He’s called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan especially for your life, and there is nothing you can’t overcome with His help.”
She is currently at work on her newest series for Bethany House Publishing

Bethany House sent me the first book in Mehl's new series, the Road to Kingdom series, for the purpose of review.

Book Synopsis:
Lizzie Engel left Kingdom, Kansas, and her Conservative Mennonite faith five years ago, fleeing abuse and rejection aimed at her when she became pregnant with her daughter, Charity. However, when a strange man begins to hang around outside her apartment building in Kansas City and she receives several odd, threatening messages, she begins to fear for their safety. When an untrue accusation of theft causes her to lose her job, she has no choice but to return to the small Mennonite town. Unfortunately, evil follows her, and she will have to face a storm of lies, deceit and murder as a winter blizzard rages around her and the residents of Kingdom.

My Thoughts About the Book:
Inescapable is the first of Nancy Mehl's books I have read and I have to say that I am now a fan!  I have usually shied away from Amish themed books, because they were all sounding the same.  Mehl has given me hope for something different in this genre of writing.  She weaves an amazing story with twists and turns that keep you turning pages.  The characters in this story are well developed and are believable.  I will certainly be looking for Book Two in this series, Unbreakable, due out in Spring of 2013.  There is a sneak peak of chapter one at the end of Inescapable.  Also included are discussion questions making Inescapable perfect for your next book club meeting!  The book can be purchased on Amazon.com by going HERE.

Happy Reading,
Jennifer

0 comments: