Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nine Months

Warning:  The following post has a ridiculous amount of pictures and may cause the eyes to cross!  So, if you don't like pictures of babies and kids, you may want to go on to the next blog on your reading list!!


Surely that's a typo!  JennaBeth is nine months old already?  Where in the world have I been?  We've had several "firsts" with this sweet girl this weekend.  Top of the list is her first haircut!

When JennaBeth was born, one of the first things I noticed right after her delivery was the long hair down the back of her neck.  It was the sweetest thing!  Over the past nine months that long piece of hair has gotten thinner and thinner.  I really didn't want to cut her hair this early, but I knew I wanted a little of that long piece to keep, so we went ahead and let Ms Jessi give her her first haircut this past Saturday.

I don't think Mike really wanted it cut, but I was able to convince him about me wanting to keep it!  I don't know what it is about men and long hair!

We also got the long stringy bangs trimmed while we were there.

I'm not sure why this picture with Ms Jessi turned out so blurry.  I tried to fix it in Picnik, but there was only so much I could do to sharpen it.


Here are some pictures before the haircut:



Isn't that the cutest little sheriff you have ever seen?  And the sheriff is certainly in town!  JennaBeth has developed a little personality the past few weeks with her new found crawling independence!  She is so fast now.  The big question you will hear the most in our home now is this:  "WHERE IS JENNABETH!?!?!?!?!?!?"


She has also gotten really good at sitting up on her own!


JennaBeth has 5 teeth now, with a sixth one on the way...

Another thing that had to happen this weekend was the great crib let down;however, as you will see in this next picture, I'm afraid daddy is gonna have to take it a little lower, because now someone stands up in her crib on her knees!


JennaBeth loves her big brother and he loves her.  Bentley calls her "cutie Beth" and "Jenny".  If you have ever seen the movie Forrest Gump and remember how Forrest said "Jenny", that's how Bentley says it.


Baby girl has long since out grown the bouncy seat, but I can't bring myself to part with it!  I really guess it is time to though!

JennaBeth, Bentley, and I went "window shopping" at Target yesterday.  Bentley is working on his Christmas wish list, which grows longer and longer by the second.  He loves going to the "big red ball store".



I think Bentley and JennaBeth (I know I am) will be glad to have big sister Cecily home with them the rest of this week!  She has Wednesday thru Friday off for Thanksgiving.

The McIlwains pray you all have a blessed Thanksgiving this year!

Counting it all Joy,
Jennifer

2 comments:

jodi said...

I'm laughing thinking of Bentley calling her "Jen-nay". :)

Cheryl said...

The close up of 'Jen-nay' in her crib looks like she's saying "ahoy, matey!"

I loved all the pics!!

Happy Thanks giving to you and your family.