Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, November 1, 2010

November: Month of Thanksgiving

I am going to be joining Rebecca over at Rebecca Writes for her Month of Thanksgiving posts.  I will attempt to include a daily post about something I am thankful for each day during November.  It would be encouraging to me if you would join me!  Leave me a comment each day you stop by of something on that particular day for which you are thankful.  And if you do a "thankful" post of your on on your blog, then let me know that and make sure you leave a link to your blog in the comments so that others stopping by can be encouraged as well.

Today I am thankful for my five year old son's involvement in Kids' Quest Catechism Club at our church.
In case you can't read the print in the picture, here are his first five questions/answers to begin memorizing:
  1. Who made you?  God
  2. What else did God make?  God made all things.
  3. Why did God make you and all things?  For His own glory.
  4. How can you glorify God?  By loving Him and doing what He commands.
  5. Why are you to glorify God?  Because He made me and takes care of me.
Thank you Sean and Leslie for working with our kids on Sunday evenings!  I appreciate and am thankful for all you two do to serve in our church!

"Come, let us sing  for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to teh Rock of our salvation.  Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.  For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.  In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him.  The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land.  Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care.  Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts."  Psalm 95:1-8a
Now, it's your turn.  What are you thankful for today?

Blessings,

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Hi Jennifer,
Found you from Rebecca's blog. :)

The catechism is something to be thankful for! We teach it to our children at home. We use the children's and then the Heidelberg when they get older. I wish I had learned these questions growing up.

Nice to meet you!

Becky said...

I agree with you and Trisha, the Catechism is something to be thankful for!

Have a most joyous day, filled with thanksgiving opportunities!