Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Oh when the saints...

go marching in, Oh when the saints go marching in.... Drew Brees, move over, 'cause there's a new #9 on the team!

Bentley was soooo excited to get his NFL Saints uniform in the mail from Target this week!

He played so hard!  There is a warning printed on the helmet: "Warning: Not for contact play".  Bentley, no contact play.  Yeah right, you gotta be kidding me!!  That boy tackled, threw the ball, rolled around until he passed out in the uniform.  He took his nap in the thing, shoulder pads and all.  It took me two days to get the jersey off so I could iron his number on the back of it!

He was not extremely excited about the photo shoot, but what can I say.  I'm a mama with a camera, so...

Baby sister had to get in on the action and tried the helmet on for size...

but, I think there's a little growing to be done!

Switching gears a little...

This weekend was the Fall Youth Retreat for the youth, so Mike and Cecily have been involved in that.  They had a progressive dinner and one session last night.  The girls all spent the night in one home and the guys in another.  This morning they met over at our Senior Pastor's home for a session and cookout and then have spent the afternoon at Mike Greenwell's for paint ball and some other fun stuff.

I decided to take Bentley and JennaBeth to McDonald's and then to the park to play.  Bentley never meets a stranger and had such a good time.  There was one little boy who showed up with some foam swords (thank goodness they were foam!) and he was so sweet to share with Bentley.


I started out this morning feeling a little down.  I don't know, the enemy just attacks me with loneliness sometimes.  And when I give in to him, he just piles on more.  Isn't that just like satan to do that to us?

I had things rolling around in my head like, "Don't you wish you were closer to family?" and "Don't you miss having time with girlfriends?" and "Aren't you tired of being stuck at the house all the time?" and on and on it goes.

And then in two different places these verses from scripture were pointed out to me:
"Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken
those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10

"The LORD upholds all those 
who fall and lifts up all who are
bowed down."
Psalm 145:14

I was interested in those two words from Psalm 145:14 "bowed down".  In the Hebrew they are translated "Awah" and mean to bend, make crooked; to act perversely, sin do wrong, commit iniquity.  The essential meaning is to deviate from the proper path.

So I began to ask myself, how have I deviated from the proper path this morning?  The answer:  I allowed the enemy to get a foothold in my thoughts and feelings rather than leaning on the Lord.

I am in a certain season of life at the moment that simply does not allow me to do all that I would like to do.  And can I add what a blessed season it is!  So, I choose to flee from the enemy and seek the Lord.  He will never forsake me.

Lonely?  How can I get too lonely when I get to spend every day with these two!

Blessings,
Jennifer 

 

0 comments: