Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Take Six Minutes, Please!

This is unrelated to this post, but I wanted to urge you to pray for the people of Haiti in the wake of the recent devastating earthquake.  If you want a specific way to pray then please pray for the Civil family.

You might remember Lenes, Sharon, Carl (and the mother Schella, not pictured) that we spent Christmas evening with.  They are members of our church and are from Haiti.  Their families are in Haiti.  I have no word on if they have been able to communicate with them or not, but pray that this family's loved ones are safe and taken care of in Haiti.  I will update when I have details.

Update (1/15/10):  We just got word that Schella's family has made contact with her.  They are all okay, but their home was totally destroyed.  We are praising God for their physical safety.  Please pray for God's provision now in a new place to live.  Schella can not get into Haiti right now, but plans to go on the 26th of this month.  Thank you for your prayers on behalf of this family!

Now, if you have six minutes to spare (and I certainly hope that you do) please watch this youtube video.  A friend from MS emailed this to me and I had to share it here.  

When I saw this, it spoke strongly to me on many levels.  It spoke to me as a parent; how I need to see the possibilities in my children and serve the Lord in being faithful to serve my family selflessly in all the ways that may be necessary.  It spoke to me of the love my Heavenly Father has for me.  It reminded me that when I was blinded to the gospel truth by my sin, He died and gave Himself for me (Rom. 5:8).  It also reminded me that He never slumbers, but is always watching over me (Psalm 121). 


So, take about six minutes and watch this.  You might want to grab a tissue!  Leave me a comment at the end and tell me how it speaks to you.  Turn the music player off in my sidebar so you'll be able to hear the video.




Coram Deo,
Jennifer

0 comments: